Monday, August 20, 2007

Patience


1. calm endurance of hardship.
2. tolerant perserverance of forbearance.
3. the capacity of calm, self-possessed waiting.


Presently, I am who I am, but not who I’ll always be; without patience, my chances are slim of becoming the complete image I’m constantly striving to be…

They say patience is a virtue; a trait you should acquire and take pride in. It’s one not easily attained, and is often taken for granted, from the beginning to the end. I’ve never understood why someone doesn’t have a lot of it, especially, when you see the good it brings. When you see the results from it, and when you hear the types of songs it sings; when you see the smiles it puts on people’s faces, and the sounds of it when it rings, and when you finally get what you’ve been seeking, all because you put it to use, and saw the effects it brings.

There’s something calm, cool, and collected about it, as if all this is stuff it’s already seen; I guess that’s why you can’t go wrong with it, because it’ll always keep your best intentions first, and never treat you cruel or mean. Now, more than ever before, patience is one of my virtues, a trait I’ll keep close, and practice on a daily basis, because as long as I have it, I’ll always have a chance, regardless of the circumstances, or any type of obstacles I’m facing.

Presently, I am who I am, but not who I’ll always be; but only through patience, will I have the chance of becoming the complete image I’m constantly striving to be…

8/20/07 @ 1:06 A.M.
Photo by Thomas Hopson

1 comment:

Musing said...

Its me Jacqueline again! I know what you mean with patience. I am always trying to obtain it and not very successfully either!! You need to read more of my story. I have written another 3,000 words. I go inspired on the plane. Also, I may be leaving and going somewhere else, if I do, I will look to see if I can get you on with me. Don't forget about me....Okay?