Sunday, February 26, 2012

Six Months.


It's been six months since I came to the country (East Texas) and started something new. In that time, it's really allowed life to slow down quite a bit. Sure, it's not too far away from home, not too far away from familiarity, but as long as familiarity is a phone call away, which it is, I'm cool with being at a distance.

In the time that's been spent in this place, I haven't made one single friend. Sure, there are people I work with, but that's not the same thing, and as far as I'm concerned, it's perfect with me. Whenever I head back to familiarity, more often than not, it's a reminder of why I was ready to go in the first place, and if the trade-off is not having friends out here, then it's a trade-off I'll gladly take.

So many things have changed since then. I'm in the bed around 8 every night; not quite asleep, but just the fact that I'm in the bed that early is a far cry from the previous life when staying up 'til 3, 4, 5 in the morning was the norm.

I don't live in the town where I work, which is a challenge in itself, and hotel rooms are a "home away from home" now, since there are times I'd rather just stay where I'm at as opposed to getting on the road again. Speaking of which, I think I left my Johnnie Cochran autobiography in the room I stayed in a couple of nights ago, which really pisses me off. Anyway, all of this is a challenge, that's for damn sure, but challenges are what part of living life is all about.

The only writing I feel like doing these days is in a journal, or on here. These days, life is very routine, with some things that happen out of the norm that make it interesting, which is fine by me.

Six months....slow as can be in a place that isn't too far from where I've been, but still feels like a world away. It's just what was needed and even more proof that God is in control of all.

No comments: