Monday, July 08, 2013

Embrace The Unexpected

So I have my list of books for summer reading, and while I was reading The Great Gatsby in the bookstore, I stumbled upon a book called The Man Who Quit Money, by Mark Sundeen. It wasn't on my list; hell, I never heard of the book in my life. I was simply taking a break from reading to get up, stretch my legs and walk around for a bit before getting back to my table with not enough leg room, and it was just sitting there in a section at the bookstore.

Note: I spent three of my five vacation days in three different bookstores in three different cities. I wanted to make it a perfect 5-for-5, but I dropped the ball today and yesterday. Anyway...

...even though I have about 6-7 books already waiting on me to read, I bought Sundeen's anyway. Something was telling me to get the joint. I saw the cover, looked at it carefully, read the back cover, and just bought it on a whim.

I read that book in a day. It was that awesome.

Now I'm back to reading what was on my initial list that I came up with a while back. Hopefully, I won't get sidetracked again, but if I do and it's as dope as The Man Who Quit Money is, then I won't complain.

7/8/13 @ 10:44 P.M.

No comments: