Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lately


Lately, I've...

realized the difference between a friend and just someone you know. It's difficult to know that union is no more, instead of watching it continue to grow. With just a lil more work, it probably could have been restored and saved; kinda like a road that was once littered with holes, but now it's totally smooth and paved. Too bad we didn't try harder, and for that, I'll take a majority of the blame. You already know who you are, so there's no need to mention your name. Just know, there are those days, when you remain in my thoughts...

Lately, I've...
seen people come and go, for a variety of reasons. Maybe it was a bad period, just wasn't their favorite time of the season. Here today, gone tomorrow; sometimes, it feels good, while others, it leaves you with sorrow. It's good, because they're moving on to a better situation, one where they feel they can continue to shine. Bad, because there's that gut feeling that something just aint right, regardless of how many times they said "don't even trip; I'm doin' just fine."

I like to think everyone has a method to their madness, a formula to why we do what we do. In the end, it may be for the best, and in their heart, they're simply staying true. Either way, it's all a part of life, something we all, by now, should know. But it still hurts sometimes...when good people decide it's about that time to go.

7/31/07 @ 5:42 P.M.

1 comment:

boo said...

your writting truly touches me. and for someone who can talk someone to death (me) being speachless is saying a lot.