Friday, January 29, 2010

R.F.K.

Part One - 6/7/06
Part Two - 6/18/07


As far back as 2006, I had visions of a place that seemed so far away, and maybe it was at first. I could see it clear as day, but the way in which I did couldn't have been much worse. It was indeed in my imagination, even though the visions appeared to be real...and even though there wasn't much at the time to bargain with, we both already knew the deal.

Fast-forward to a year later, and the visions became songs, with different characters playing the lead. It was amazing to see what grew, simply from an imaginary seed. Then again, there's truth in every tale, even if that tale appears to be tall. The time was yet to be determined, which was even better, since it forced me to remain ready, and be on-call.

And recently...the visions became reality, in ways better than I ever thought. The excitement of the times came from so many places, that it was imperative for 'em all to be caught. But instead of pictures, journals, and other keepsakes, they'll be stored where it all began...right there in my mind, and anytime I'm in need of a reminder, they won't be too hard to find.

1/29/10 @ 6:20 P.M.
Photo by Clifton Henri

1 comment:

CareyCarey said...

Okay my man, I found you and here is the post.

http://careycarey-carrymehome.blogspot.com/

I have to come back and read some of your stuff.