Monday, September 19, 2011

D.C.C. Part Three


If this man ever releases another studio album again, I will stop everything I'm doing to go catch one of his shows on tour.

A quiet night, a bag full of laundry, and in the midst of countri-ness, personified. That's how I spent my Friday last weekend.

It was so random, yet so...right. I haven't been to a Washerteria in so long that I forgot to go by the store and pick up some laundry detergent. I got in there, washed and dried my clothes, and had a blast doing so pretty much the entire damn time. The combination of moving to another city, wanting to sit still for a weekend, and the need for clean clothes all came together right on time.

There was enough random activity, with just enough country-ass shit, in there for me to be amused, despite the fact that anyone else probably didn't find anything amusing about a man in the Washerteria on a Friday night doing laundry. At the moment, this is my life.

More and more, I realize that it really doesn't take much to be happy. It truly is about the little things. This post isn't going to make sense; hell, I'm bound to look at it a month from now and wonder what the hell was going on in my head to make me write even this. It's all good, though. When you're at peace, it doesn't have to make sense. I just want peace to continue to reign above all and, at the moment, that's exactly what's going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last paragraph is how I feel when my major bills are paid.