Friday, September 02, 2011

D.C.C.

I had another title for this next series of posts, but I forgot what it was. I'll change it when I remember. For now though, we'll call them the Daily Commute Chronicles.

So today is Friday, aka the last day of the work week. As stated in my last entry, I got a new job at a junior college in Siberia (not really Siberia; people who know me know where it is; well, some who know me don't, but that's not important right now.) Anyway, the job is dope as hell and I really think I'm gonna love it here. Granted, it's only been a week, but I could tell you after a week at any other job I've had before if I would have an indication of what I would think of it. With that said, this one is cool.

I didn't take any Ls in the past week. I went out on Saturday night and kicked it with the homies and saw some more homies, homegirls, and other folks that I haven't seen in a while. That's one of the cool things about stepping out on occasion. Since I only go out once a month, it doesn't give me many opportunities to see folks and, in a way, it's a good thing.

I drive 55 miles one way every single day, and I get to work super-duper early; like 40 minutes early. At this rate, it's safe to say I'm gonna find an apartment sometime in the next few months that's in Siberia and not in Scandinavia where I drive from now. Roscoe (my car) isn't built to be driving up and down like this on a regular basis anymore. He's past his prime, and while he still gets the job done, I gotta take it easy on him, yaknow?

I miss KSOUL and KRNB like you wouldn't believe. D'Angelo's Voodoo helps make the drive fun every morning, but there's nothing like having TJMS and some old-school tunes to get the morning started right. Once I move into my office, I'll be able to get KSOUL and KRNB on the internet and best believe I'll be playing it in my office all damn day.

That's pretty much it for now. Be easy.

9/2/11 @ 12:14 P.M.

No comments: