Monday, March 12, 2012

Sprang Break

Being in Texas all my life is the cause of me saying "sprang" as opposed to "spring." Therefore, the time I'm currently experiencing is Sprang Break.

I just spent the last hour and change at a spot in downtown Dallas, listening to ?uestlove tear the house down at an event put together by one of the great masterminds and people in this area. Getting there was a struggle, simply because I just got back to Denton from East Texas damn near at 11 P.M. and decided to take a shower and then drive downtown to go to the event. Shoot, that event was already paid for earlier in the week, and even if all I was gonna do was show up and do nothing but groove for a minute and chill, I was gonna show up and do nothing but groove for a minute and chill.

Fun times were had, and I'm glad I got on out. It also gave me a chance to formally meet someone who I've been interacting with quite a bit, but never "met-met," if that makes sense. Of course, I got teased for having all this hair on my face, but all that means is I'm a whole lotta man.

As for the rest of the week, the only fixture is doing Insanity whenever I wake up. During the work week, I do it at 6 A.M. every morning, but it's safe to say that won't be the time this week. Besides that, I'm going with the flow. No plans; instead, the goal is to enjoy this break and be as carefree as possible.

3/12/12 @ 3:46 A.M.

No comments: