Monday, September 22, 2008

What's Good Anymore???

Well, I'm currently at the plantation right now, hoping I can write this, and make some sense from a conversation I had with a buddy of mine recently. Basically put, what's a good woman or a good man? Honestly, I've seen so many definitions of them, and so many interpretations of what society says is a good man that I don't know what it is anymore. I wrote about this a couple of years ago, and, along with seeing a post from Don recently, it came back to the surface. The women I look at as the epitome of good women are looked down upon by some people who travel in my circles, so it just adds to the confusion. Besides, it's too easy to dismiss people as haters; I'd rather try and get insight instead. Til then, back to trimming hedges, and picking the cotton I go.

Be easy.

9 comments:

Sasha said...

a good woman or a good man
is a person who brings good to your life.

period.

virtue5 said...

people are different, so who is good for each of us varies. there is no set definition.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

when u find out let me know, i do know they cannot be selfish

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

ps: a good woman
and a good man the way i see it

Don said...

Soul, you have me cracking up with the plantation and cotton analogies, although there is some truth to it, I agree.

A good woman? Hmm. I don't know. I think I have some 50 and 60 year old relatives who are 'good women.' But, besides that, I don't know.

A good man? What's that? LOL.

Seriously, I think there's a chance that two people can be good for each other and that's what I think everyone should focus on. Personally speaking, if there is such a thing as a good woman, she wouldn't want me anyways.

Anonymous said...

A good woman or good man is all a matter of interpretation. What's good for you, might not be good for the next man. Depending on what stage you are in your life, the definition might be different. I know as I've gotten older, there are certain qualities that are more important to me now than they were say 5 years ago.

Muze said...

i think you have to define what a good woman is TO YOU, and then date someone who has those qualities you seek.

trying to live by others definition of what a good man and woman is will have you going crazy.

i'm gonna go with don on this one and say i think it's moreso the composition of the chemistry between two people and what they can offer each other.

Don said...

Soul, I didn't reply to my past comments on my blog but I wanted to say that you're not lying about blacks and new cases of HIV.

Makes me believe what Black In America stated concerning black women being the 'face of Aids.'

Scary ish.

Me said...

someone that makes you happy and you like them even for their flaws. complimentary. not supplementary.