Friday, September 26, 2008

Miracle At St. Anna

I just finished reading Miracle At St. Anna, which was written by The Outstanding James McBride (same brother who wrote The Color of Water). I will go on record and say this is one of the most beautifully-written books I've ever read in my life, and I like to think I've read quite a few. It goes at a pace that is necessary, so you can really soak in the story. My plan was to finish the book, before the movie came out (which is today), so that part of my mission has been accomplished. I'm a HUGE FAN of Spike Lee, and am very excited to see his interpretation of the book, onto the big screen.

However, if it falls short of the book's brilliance, I'll be ready, shouting obscenities at the screen, and if other movie-goers get angry with me, I'll...kindly recommend they read the book, so they will understand my frustration. However, I think Spike will do a good job. We'll see this weekend.

Be easy.

5 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

maybe i will read the book
have a gr8 weekend folk

Muze said...

yes... i love james mcbride! the color of water was a very good book.

i haven't read this book, but i will after i see the movie.

spike lee is awesomeness.

have a good weekend mr.masenda!

Ed The Sports Fan said...

buying the book this week...

-Ed.

Anonymous said...

Read Color - loved it!

Will read this one too...

Did the movie hold water?

Me said...

i think im super interested in hearing your thoughts on the movie